Throughout all stages of construction, 'As-built' (or 'as-constructed') surveys are carried out to ensure that designs have been implemented on site. CADSITE can provide regular as-built survey services throughout a project's lifecyle. We can also be called upon to provide independant checks on subcontractors work to verify that what has been built meets the design specification. As-built surveys and checks are an important part of a project's quality assurance procedures, any part of a project that has been constructed beyond its design tolerances can be reported to the client immediately, keeping remedial costs to a minimum. Surveys can vary from simple level checks (similar to the one shown below), to complex 3D line and level checks of structural steel work.
Case study: Warehouse 'sub-base' as built, Amazon Warehouse, Newport
Case study: Underground utility records, Llanwern Industrial Estate.
The example below shows foul / storm drain, ACO drain, electric ducts, CCTV ducts, BT, & street light ducts which were regularly updated to the sites as-built records.
As-Built survey examples...
- Steel work- Position and verticality checks.
- Utilities- Adding underground utilities (Electric, Telephone, Gas etc.) to records as the project develops.
- Level checks- Foundations, concrete, walls, dig-levels.
- Volumetrics- Earthwork / spoil quantities for pricing etc.
- Area checks- Tarmac / concrete quantities.
- Process pipework- Dimensional checks, flange deviations and bolt rotations.
- Drainage- Identification of sewer / storm water drains and level checks.
If you require any more information regarding the services above, please do get in touch.